Date: Thursday, November 2, 2023
Time: Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. Speaker: 8:00-8:45 a.m. Roundtables: 8:45-9:45 a.m.
Location: The Detroit Athletic Club, Detroit, Michigan
Registrants can attend 2 one-half hour round table sessions
Program Chair: Wayne Beyea, Michigan State University, School of Planning, Design and Construction
Speaker: Dr. Eric Scorsone, Director of the MSU Extension Center for Local Government Finance and Policy
Program Description: This program will kick-off with an economic overview from Dr. Scorsone, who has extensive state and local fiscal experience, and will offer insight into the current economic environment and how this ties to Michigan’s economy and the potential opportunities it presents. Roundtable discussions will then take place with experienced attorneys focusing on various topics with participants certain to take away new insights into today’s ever-changing landscape.
Discussion Topics & Leaders:
- Receiver Sales, John Polderman and Frank R. Simon, Simon
- Short Term Rentals, Kayleigh Long, Hirzel Law
- Negotiating Office Sales and Leases, Todd Szymczak, Farbman
- Marketable Record Title Act, Catharine LaMont, and David Pierson, McClelland Anderson
- Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac & Condos, Kevin Hirzel, Hirzel Law
- Zoning and Development Approvals, Richard Rattner, Williams Williams Rattner & Plunkett
Section Members: $95; Non-Section Members: $155
Registration will close October 31st
*The DAC does not allow blue jeans to be worn in any area of the facility. A detailed dress code can be found at https://www.thedac.com/#/external-details/bltfbf8a5db55aa4b40.
For additional information contact Karen Schwartz.