The Taxation Section of the State Bar of Michigan is pleased to announce that it will make available funds of up to $7,500 for grants to qualifying organizations that provide taxpayer assistance to low income individuals.
Organizations seeking a grant for 2019 should make a proposal to the Taxation Section by March 25, 2019. A grant proposal should include the following information:
- The name, address, and phone number of the organization (including the name of a contact person).
- The federal employer identification number of the organization.
- A copy of the letter from the Internal Revenue Service qualifying the organization as tax-exempt.
- The amount of funds sought and a detailed description of the proposed project or program, its goals, and the intended use of the grant money.
- A description of other potential sources of funds.
- A disclosure of any relationship between the organization and any current or former member of the Taxation Section Council.
Grant Program Application Form Word Doc
For more information, please contact Council member Andrea Crumback at email@example.com