This event is currently postponed.
Cosponsored with the American Indian Law Section
The lunch will be 12:30–2:00 p.m., Wednesday, March 25, 2020, at the Grand Rapids Brewing Company, 1 Ionia Ave, SW, in Grand Rapids. Attendees can purchase lunch from the menu at their own expense by credit card or cash.
The American Indian Law Section and the ADR Section's ADR Diversity & Inclusion Action Team are co-sponsoring a diversity lunch for mediators and other ADR practitioners and members of the American Indian Law Section.
There will be round table discussions of issues that face mediators and other neutrals. Among the topics to be discussed are:
- How can we increase sensitivity and awareness to diversity issues among mediators, arbitrators, and other neutrals?
- What are the particular cultural interests that affect American Indian and Alaskan Native communities that ADR providers should consider?
- How do we increase the diversity of mediators, arbitrators, and other ADR providers?
- What can ADR providers learn from Tribal communities and court systems, and principles of peacemaking and restorative justice?
- What is implicit bias and what can we do about it?
For further information, feel free to contact Jennifer Saeckl at (480) 241-9226, firstname.lastname@example.org or Susan Klooz at (616) 212-1255, email@example.com.
To register for the March 25 lunch, please email Darcie Pace at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the Grand Rapids Brewing Company's website for more information on the location.