The Taxation Section of the State Bar of Michigan is pleased to
announce that it will make available funds of up to $5,000 for grants
to qualifying organizations that provide taxpayer assistance to low
Organizations seeking a grant for 2018 should make a proposal to the Taxation Section by March 25, 2018. A grant proposal should include the following information:
- The name, address, and phone number of the organization (including the name of a contact person).
- The federal employer identification number of the organization.
- A copy of the letter from the Internal Revenue Service qualifying the organization as tax-exempt.
- The amount of funds sought and a detailed description of the
proposed project or program, its goals, and the intended use of the
- A description of other potential sources of funds.
- A disclosure of any relationship between the organization and any current or former member of the Taxation Section Council.
A grant application form is available in the Library area of the Taxation Section website
For more information, please contact Council member Mindi Johnson at email@example.com