The mission of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Section is to encourage conflict resolution by:
- Providing training and education for ADR professionals;
- Giving professionals the tools to empower people in conflict to create optimal resolutions; and
- Advancing the use of alternative dispute resolution processes in our courts, government, businesses, and communities.
Who We Are
The ADR Section is made up of individuals interested in conflict resolution, peacemaking, and improving the climate in Michigan for mediation, arbitration, and other forms of ADR. We include lawyers, law students, and non-lawyers. Joining the ADR Section places you in the forefront of a movement dedicated to providing better representation of the public through improvement of ADR practices and techniques.
Why You Should Join the ADR Section
Network and learn from top practitioners:
- Statewide networking events and outstanding training and skill building opportunities
- Regional mediator forums—where mediators share and learn from each other
- Annual Meeting—offering 8 hours of SCAO-approved advanced mediator training
- Annual Spring ADR Summit—offering an additional 8 hours of SCAO-approved advanced mediator training to showcase the finest national trainers available
- 4 Lunch and learn teleconferences per year
- Discounts on first class CLE, advanced mediator training programs and publications
Obtain critical resources to enhance your practice:
- Receive The Michigan Dispute Resolution Journal, a cogent and insightful periodical with practice tips, news, and thoughtful articles on all things ADR.
- Participate in SBM Connect, an online forum that brings you news and information, answers tough practice management questions, encourages enlightening exchanges, offers access to ADR leader blogs, and gives notice of upcoming member events.
- Access the ADR Section resource library, including model forms and settlement clauses.
Annual Dues only $40. Section Application PDF
Let Litigants Know that MEDIATION Really Works!
Share this helpful guide to mediation statistics and insights.
Bench Guide to Mediation PDF