Declaration of Candidacy for Council positions are now being accepted. Join the Section to help advance the paralegal profession and promote continued professional growth and development through Section activities, networking, our Day of Education, and community service.
2020 – 2021 SBM Paralegal/Legal Assistant Council Meeting & Events Schedule*
- September 25, 2021 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Annual Business Meeting, 11:30 Council Retreat & 4:00 p.m. Leelanau County Wine Tour- See Events tab. A block of rooms has been reserved at The Homestead Resort (Fiddler’s Pond) in Glen Arbor. When calling to make your reservation (231) 334-5100, please mention Paralegal Section of the State Bar of Michigan to receive the discounted rate that is only available until August 25th.
Details for all meetings and events will be updated as finalized. Section Members are invited to attend any Council Meeting. If you plan on attending a Council Meeting, please contact Marianne Delaney email@example.com to confirm date, time and location or to be provided the link.*Schedule subject to change.
- June 12, 2021 Council Meeting 12:00 am - 1:30 pm & "Get Back in the Game" Picnic 1:00 p.m., Kensington Metropark Shelter N, Milford, MI - See Events tab
- May 19, 2021 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Virtual Event - Your Goals, Dreams & Strengths - How to Stand Out presented by Kathy Munoz - See Events tab
- March 20, 2021 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Council Meeting
- January 28, 2021 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Virtual Happy Hour & Dream Boards with Kathy Munoz - See Events tab
- January 23, 2021 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Council Meeting
- December 3, 2020 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Virtual Happy Hour - Party'n With Plants with Nicole Pearch -See Events tab
- November 5, 2020 6:00 p.m.- 7:00 p.m. Welcome New Member Virtual Event