Military & Veterans' Law Section
A new State Bar of Michigan section for Military & Veterans' Law.
The goal is to educate and serve. There will opportunities for members who join to:
- Help out with training sessions on legal issues related to current and former members of the military
- To receive training on legal issues related to current and former members of the military, so that they work towards being "military friendly" firms
- To work on important legislation to protect our servicemen and women
- To publish articles on legal issues related to current and former members of the military
- To do pro bono work on behalf of current and past military members
- To be involved with creating and maintaining Veteran's Treatment Courts throughout the state
Membership is available to attorneys and law students, with all members eligible to vote and hold leadership positions. Student memberships and memberships for newly admitted attorneys are free. Our first meeting will take place in January.
When you renew your State Bar of Michigan membership, we hope you will consider checking the box for this new section.