Published in Michigan Environmental Law Journal, Fall 2020, Vol. 38, No. 1, Issue 108 [view full issue].
Cite: 38 Mich Env Law J 1 (2020)
SBM has provided a list of informational resources related to legal practice during shelter in place and state of emergency orders:
Other news and information of relevance includes:
- The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services issued a new order effective Nov. 18, 2020, putting limitations on indoor and outdoor gatherings for three weeks. The order has been challenged by restaurant groups in federal court (the Western District of Michigan).
- FAQ regarding the CDC’s Order Halting Evictions.
- The Board of Law Examiners plans to administer the February 2021 Bar Exam on Feb. 23 & 24, 2021 with both in-person and remote siting options.
- The Michigan Supreme Court has issued several orders and guidance in light of COVID-19. Most can be found on the Court’s website.
- The Court continues to hear oral arguments for pending cases virtually on its YouTube channel.
- The COVID-19 Guidelines for Michigan’s Judiciary- provides the phases for return to full capacity for Michigan’s trial courts. Transitions between phases are dependent upon the gating criteria listed in the guide. Since being published in July 2020, the guide was updated by memorandum in November 2020.