Everyone with an interest in information technology law is invited to this seminar. When registering, take advantage of the opportunity that joining the IT Law Section and attending the seminar as a member will cost less than attending as a non-member.
Date: Thursday, September 10, 2015
Time: 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Location: Inn at St. Johns, 44045 Five Mile Rd, Plymouth
Join the section: Add Section Membership Online (after login, select Section Membership) The membership year is October 1 to September 30. Membership begins immediately through September 30.
Registration: online or by mail/fax form PDF
The Annual Meeting and council meetings will be held during the luncheon, and will include election of 2015–2016 council members and section officers. There is no charge to attend the Annual Meeting.
The Information Technology Law Seminar will be moderated by Mark Malven, leader of Dykema's Technology and Outsourcing Transactions practice, and author of the Practising Law Institute treatise, Technology Transactions: A Practical Guide to Drafting and Negotiating Commercial Agreements.
Our Speakers & Topics
- Basics of IP Protection for Software—Charles Bieneman, Bejin Bieneman PLC
- Open Source Software Licensing: Opportunities & Pitfalls—Christopher J. Falkowski, Falkowski PLLC
- Technology Buyers Panel—Panelists include Vincent J. Wilk, GM Legal Staff, & Donald M. Crawford
- X-Commerce: Understanding the Changing Landscape & Legal Issues in Payments—Erin Fonte, Dykema
- Privacy Panel: Privacy & Data Protection is Not Just for Clients—Moderator: Robert L. Rothman, Privacy Associates International; Panelists: Keith Cheresko, Privacy Associates International; Vincent I. Polley; and Jeffrey A. Ingalsbe
- Technology & "Cyber" Insurance—Lawrence Harb, IT Risk Managers, Inc.
As in previous years, this promises to be an educational and entertaining event. The cost of the seminar includes a light breakfast, lunch, and a complimentary cocktail reception! The annual IT Law Section and council meetings will be held during the luncheon, and will include election of 2015–2016 council members and section officers.
- Bejin Bieneman PLC, Intellectual Property Attorneys
- PAI—Privacy Associates International LLC