Cost: FREE for Section Members (join the Section now: https://e.michbar.org); Non-Section Members: $25
Deadline for Registration: September 7, 2018
The registration fee for this event is forfeited if attendance is cancelled. Registrants who cancel will not receive seminar materials. As a courtesy to the planners, written notice of your intent not to attend is appreciated. That notice can be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax (517) 372-5921 ATTN: Tina Bellinger, or by U.S. mail (306 Townsend St., Lansing, MI 48933 ATTN: Tina Bellinger).
Questions? Contact Section Chair-Elect Troy Harris at (313) 596-0276 or email@example.com
Building Bridge(s): From Infrastructure to Economic Development
From China’s “Belt and Road Initiative” to new bridge(s) connecting Canada and the U.S., infrastructure is key to economic development. Join the International Law Section for an exciting and wide-ranging discussion of issues involved in representing clients in cross-border matters—from project finance to business immigration to dispute resolution.
International Law Section Annual Business Meeting, Noon to 1:00 p.m. (free—does not include programming).
Program 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Panel Discussion: The International Trade Case for Infrastructure Investment
- Panel Discussion: Public-Private Partnerships in the U.S. and Canada
- Panel Discussion: “Nuts and Bolts” Issues of Cross-Border Projects: Business Immigration, Labor/Employment Issues, Dispute Resolution
- Jeff Aronoff, Miller Canfield (Detroit)
- Henry Chang, Blaney McMurtry (Toronto)
- Andrew Doctoroff, Senior Advisor, Governor Rick Snyder (Lansing)
- Colin Ground, Cassels Brock (Toronto)
- Eric Kay, Dickinson Wright (Toronto)