Don’t have a website? Not to worry, your SBM Member Directory has what you need.
While all State Bar members are listed with a basic profile, you can use the free and fee-based services to create a more complete web presence. By adding an expanded profile, online appointment scheduling, publications, and professional events, you'll have the elements commonly found in a website, including a unique URL to add to your email and business card. The SBM Member Directory simplifies the process for the public to connect with lawyers.
Enhance your basic profile to gain more contacts.
- Use your biography to tell prospective clients about your education, experience, and practice areas. Add your hobbies and interests—clients like to feel a personal connection.
- Include a recent photo.
- Add your title—are you an owner, shareholder, or partner of your organization?
- Add your active social media accounts with easy links.
- List all the jurisdictions where you are licensed. It’s possible the prospective client needs a lawyer who practices in a neighboring state.
- List other languages you speak.
- Include fees and payment options.
Other free features include a client contact form, a blog, publications, reviews, and appointment scheduling. Also, be sure to check the option that shows that you’re currently accepting clients.
Fee Based Feature
Profile Builder is a service that helps build your profile, including a personal walk through of site features.
Using the services offered through the Member Directory, you have all your information where there are more than 14,000 searches each day. Being present on the internet is no longer an option, it’s a necessity.
After years practicing law, Roberta Gubbins served as editor of the Ingham County Legal News. Since leaving the paper, she provides writing services to lawyers ghostwriting content for websites, blogs, and articles. She is editor of The Mentor, the SBM Master Lawyers Section newsletter.
Read More Clear & Convincing Articles
Using the Enhanced Member Directory
How to Login and Edit Your Profile
CloudLawyers Directory Services
How to Contact CloudLawyers Support