This event is held in conjunction with the NEXT Conference.
1:00–2:00 p.m. Annual Business Meeting
2:00–4:00 p.m. Program
The Do’s and Don'ts of Oral Advocacy in Michigan’s Appellate Courts
This program will feature an eight-member panel consisting of four Michigan Supreme Court Justices, as well as four Michigan Court of Appeals Judges. The program will be moderated in a a question-and-answer format. All members of the bar are welcome to attend at no cost, including young lawyers having an interest in learning about appellate practice.
If anyone would like to submit a question to the panel, email Bridget Brown Powers at email@example.com no later than September 17.
Moderator: Bridget Brown Powers, Brown Powers PLLC, Petoskey
- Chief Justice Stephen J. Markman, Michigan Supreme Court, Lansing
- Justice Brian K. Zahra, Michigan Supreme Court, Lansing
- Justice Bridget M. McCormack, Michigan Supreme Court, Lansing
- Justice David F. Viviano, Michigan Supreme Court, Lansing
- Hon. Peter D. O'Connell, Michigan Court of Appeals, Lansing
- Hon. Elizabeth L. Gleicher, Michigan Court of Appeals, Detroit
- Hon. Jane M. Beckering, Michigan Court of Appeals, Grand Rapids
- Hon. Michael J. Riordan, Michigan Court of Appeals, Detroit
Come See What's NEXT For Your Law Practice
Join us for the 2nd Annual NEXT Conference (formerly Annual Meeting/Solo and Small Firm Institute) to hear about the latest technology and practice management innovations designed to raise your level of practice. Learn new strategies for delivering competitive legal services in this changing marketplace and harness artificial intelligence software to increase your productivity. From NEXT Conference favorites like Barron Henley
and the return of the popular "judicial perspectives" track to industry icons like CEO of CLIO, Jack Newton
, and MyCase's Nicole Black
—you'll gain valuable practice tips to use immediately.Sign up now to join us for SBM NEXT Conference